May I Withhold Visitation If My Ex-Spouse Is Not Paying Child Support?

July 16, 2010

You should not withhold visitation because your ex-spouse is not paying child support.  Visitation and child support are two separate issues.  Failure to pay child support by your ex-spouse does not justify you denying court-ordered visitation. If you deny visitation and disobey your court order regarding visitation, then you could be held in contempt of court.  

If you are not receiving the child support you are owed, contact me, Cari Brownlee, at 281-998-8880.